What is your favorite sweet?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Birthday fun and Thanksgiving Sweets :)

This past week has been a whirl wind of baking treats.  Starting with Thanksgiving, I made chocolate cupcakes filled with nutella topped with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I think the frosting was far better than the frosting was for the red velvet cupcakes. Want a recipe? Yep, I thought you might :)

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
24 cupcakes or one double layer 9" cake
16 oz cream cheese 
1 stick unsalted butter 
1 t vanilla
1/2 t espresso powder
3-4 c powder sugar
2/3 c cocoa powder
whipping cream to consistency

Beat cream cheese and butter (as always, at room temp!) on high till smooth. While the mixer is going combine vanilla and espresso powder. Let them sit for a few minutes so its not grainy! Add vanilla/espresso mix to the mixer till combined. Sift cocoa and powder sugar together and add slowly to mixer. Add whipping cream in small amounts till you are happy with the consistency.


Friday night we had Chris' birthday with his wonderful family and I got to take dessert. He decided pecan pie would be fun so I broke out Gran's recipe and added some bourbon. I was horrified as it was baking when it looked no where near set when the timer went off. AGAIN I remembered that I have 10 inch pie not a normal size so back in the oven it went. It came out lovely when I added about 30 mins more baking time.


Saturday was birthday fun for Chris at work and they asked for the same cupcakes from thanksgiving... boring for me but they are super yummy.

For the main event, my honey's birthday I made personal cheesecakes. He loves caramel and anything to do with caramel so... caramel swirl with shortbread crust and of course, dark chocolate ganache to top it off with.  Super rich but hey, you only get one birthday a year right? :)

Hope everyone had a super sweet Thanksgiving. Please let me know if you want me to include any recipes from the sticky sweet weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment